Sidebar is one of the common places to install ads. On self-hosted WordPress site, you can install ads on the sidebar by adding HTML widget and paste your ads code on it. You can also use the same way to install ads on the sidebar on Newspaper theme. However, your ads won’t have a precise position. It will not in a straight line with the content area.
Newspaper has a built-in ads manager feature which you can use to effortlessly install ad unit on several sections within your site, including sidebar.
Follow the steps below to install an ad unit on Newspaper theme.
- Copy the ad code you wan to install.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and go to the theme panel.
- Select the ADS menu and click the Sidebar ad option to open it. Paste your ad code here. Don’t forget to click the SAVE CHANGES button to save the change
- Now go tot he Widgets page by clicking Appearance -> Widgets.
- Seek for the [tagDiv] Ad box widget and drag it to the sidebar area (Newspaper default)
- On the [tagDiv] Ad box widget, scroll down to the Use adspot from: section and select sidebar from the dropdown menu. Don’t forget to click the Save button to apply the change.